PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Tickets can be purchased below. Schools and individual delegates, please read the corresponding sections below before purchasing tickets.
- The conference can fill up before the final registration deadline, and has in the past. We will be unable to accommodate schools who attempt to register after all conference spots are full. Register ASAP to prevent this from happening.
- Every delegate, whether in a delegation or independent must submit signed-and-scanned UTMUN permission forms to email@example.com. Permission forms can be found on this page. We ask that school delegations submit all scanned permission forms in a single email. Permission forms are due NO LATER than January 12, 2018. Any delegate who has not submitted their permission form by January 12 will have their registration cancelled.
- Delegates who wish to participate in the United Nations Security Council must complete a supplemental application, available here.
- We suggest students to take a look at our Midnight Crisis Applications as well as our Scholarship Applications if either of them are of interest.
- If you find yourself with questions after reading this page, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a school registering a delegation, you must purchase one Delegate Registration ticket per student in your delegation. There is a strict cap of 35 students per delegation. Any school that orders more than 35 delegate tickets will have their order cancelled.
ONE Faculty Advisor is required for every TEN delegates. Each Faculty Advisor must purchase a Faculty Advisor ticket.
Faculty Advisor tickets include complimentary refreshments and admission to local attractions.
Schools may choose to bulk-purchase tickets for all of their delegates in one order, or they may ask students to register individually online using a parent's credit card. If the second option is chosen, UTMUN 2018 cannot accommodate students who order late, after the conference has filled up.
All independent delegates must seek the approval of the Secretariat before registering. Email email@example.com if you are considering attending as an independent delegate.
If you are an individual delegate, simply purchase one Delegate Registration item. Individual delegates are not required to purchase a Faculty Advisor ticket. All individual delegates require an Adult Chaperone. The Chaperone may attend the conference free of charge, or they may optionally purchase a Faculty Advisor ticket if they are interested in UTMUN's Faculty Advisor programming (local attractions, refreshments).
Priority*/Early Bird Registration = $100.00 CAD
General Registration = $130.00 CAD
Faculty Advisor Ticket = $20.00 CAD
*Note: Priority Registration is only open to schools that have attended in the past and have received the password through email.
We look forward to seeing you at the conference!
Key Dates and information
(for returning schools)
October 16, 2017 - November 10, 2017
Early Bird Registration
(open to all, special low price)
November 15-30, 2017
December 1, 2017 - January 12, 2018
Supplemental applications for UNSC due
Early Bird Schools
December 5, 2017
Regular Registration Schools
January 12, 2018
Full Refund Deadline
December 22, 2017
50% Refund Deadline
January 5, 2018
NOTE: Refund deadlines are firm.
Mariott on Bloor Booking Deadline
January 11, 2018
Note: rooms can sell out before this date, and have in the past. Please book ASAP.
Priority/Early Bird registrants receive committee assignments
Mid December, 2017
Regular registrants receive committee assignments
Mid January, 2017
Supplemental applications due for Midnight Crisis due
February 1, 2018
Additional Details to Note
- Payments are processed through Stripe, a popular and secure online credit card processor. Your payment information will never be sent directly to UTMUN.
- Delegate fees for UTMUN 2017 will not cover lunches. Instead, delegates will have the opportunity to explore restaurants around the U of T campus and downtown area over the course of the 4-day conference.
- The delegate social is included in these delegate fees.
Whether you are an out-of-province delegate or a resident of the GTA, we strongly recommend that you take advantage of UTMUN 2018's partnership with the Marriott Bloor-Yorkville and book any standard room (single, double, triple, or quad) at a special discounted rate of $183 per night. Staying within walking distance of the U of T campus will allow for the most immersive UTMUN experience, and easy access to downtown Toronto's major offerings.
Your registration does not guarantee your delegation rooms in the hotel. There are a limited number of rooms, and they are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Consider arranging your accommodations before registering.
If you do not book a hotel room before they sell out, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. UTMUN cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your delegation at another hotel.
Please complete the permission form, the emergency contact form, and the student media release consent form. Please email a scanned PDF to email@example.com. We ask that schools submit all permission forms for all of their delegates in a single email. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if scanning is not possible.
UTMUN 2018 Scholarship
This year, the UTMUN Secretariat is offering 10 delegates the chance to register free of charge. This UTMUN 2018 Scholarship is meant for students who demonstrate a strong interest in Model United Nations, but may not be able to afford the full price of registration.
We ask that delegates who are applying for this Scholarship still apply to UTMUN with the rest of their delegation, at full price. We will then arrange for the schools of scholarship winners to be refunded the scholarship sum. This is so the applicant is guaranteed a spot with the rest of their delegation. If it is not financially feasible to pay the full registration fee up front, and your school cannot accommodate you, please email email@example.com and we will attempt to make alternate arrangements.
Applicants are asked to submit two short writing samples at the link below.